Maa Durga represents destruction of evil and protection of good. Durga Puja Is A Symbol Of Joy & Strength. Durga Puja is celebrated in honour of Goddess Durga.
This is a Canada Government approved charitable non-profit orginization. This is a Hindu religious temple, and which is covering many major religious events, such as Durga Puja, Diwali, Holi,Chants/Mantra’s and also Hari Nam Kirthans, community activities (outdoor), yoga, picinic’s and many more. We hope to see many great things, guests/devotees/sages, all from India, Bangladesh and around the world in the future of Toronto Durgabari.
Educate our families, communities, and children through worship, education, and teaching.
To teach and promote values of Hindu religious & Bengali culture and incorporate in Canadian values.
The following are our goals:
- To conduct daily worship services to Hindu Gods and spiritual masters in accordance with traditional Hindu rituals and customs.
- To conduct religious education classes, study circles, discourses, celebration of Hindu festivals and religious activities, and cultural events.
- To engage in various community service activities to serve the needy and elderly as part of religious duty.
- To enhance pride in Hindu Religion for present and future generations.
- To promote understanding and respect for Hindu philosophy.